DIY stand for a 180g tank

Anybody have a site that gives diagrams or plans on building a nice stand for a 180g tank? The dimensions of the tank are 72x24x24.

mark-24

You can check out my hompage, I have few pictures on there of my stand. Use 2x4's as the frame work. Make 2- 72 1/2in by 24 1/2in rectangals. Connect the 2 rectangals with six legs, 4 of them for the corners and to in the center. Thats the basic part to it, and if you want use plywood to make the sides. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
-Mark

javajoe

Try this-- it didn't work when i took this shortcut home on a floppy disk, if it doesn't work, go to about.com and search for "DIY aquarium stand" and you should be able to find it. I am using these plans- just bought wood on sunday- just haven't had time to mess with it yet--- i am using it for a 50 gallon.
DIY Tank Link
Joe

javajoe

Hey all...
I finally got my tank stand built!
I did pretty much what the directions said for this, added 2 more 4 x 4's in the center, and added 2 more short 2 x 4 sections on the top to help support the plywood top. just finished stainging it with 3 coats of stain, need to add a couple coats of varnish, attatch the doors, and should be all set to bring in the house!
If i can get a digital picutre of it-- i will try to post it...

mark-24

The stand is pretty simple to make, but the hood is much more complex. I would say to look at as many diy pages on how to make a hood. Try to fing one that sounds pretty simple, but effective.
-Mark