Diy Stand?

rrcjr1972

i am planning on building a stand for my in-wall 180 rr. what lumber does everyone use and secondly do you have any concerns of wood drying or twisting and affecting tank(pressure points). Pics of your stands and advice is greatly appreciated.

murph145

heres some pics of when i built the stand for my 180.... its a lee mar flat polished glass tank so its heavy ....
anyways i used 2x4's and doubled them up on the legs i ran 2x4's for the top and bottom fram and then cross braced with 2x4's and added metal L braces and such....
for the top layer i used 3/4" plywood and same with the bottom part of the stand that holds the sump equipment....
i then sealed all the wood with a white primer... to make sure it doesnt warp or anything.....
then i added a 3/4" high density foam sheet on top of the stand to help ensure a flat level pressure point free surface for the bottom of my tank....
hope that helps heres some pics....

murph145

a few more shots showing u some more finish work
i made all the panels on the stand removeable for easy access to all of my sump area and for plumming reasons....
i made the panels out of american cherry stained them and they are removeable using high stregnth velcro.... works well
i made a matching canopy as well with a removable front face for easy entrance to the tank i have MH lighting as well all in all works great!
final pic os my tank a lil while ago

murph145

um its just some foam insulation sheeting they carry at homedepot or lowes and its 3/4" thick or u can go thinner or thicker its like a foam insulation board used for the house
it would be in the insulation area