Do feather dusters move??

dburr

Do they move or is it my imagination.
I put it near the top with moderate water motion and it seemed to rollover after a few hours into a power head exit. Could this do this by itself? Also can I superglue these or epoxy them to a rock? I feel like if I squeeze them to hard I will crush them. :(
What do I do?

got krabs

my feather duster actually removed itself from its cacoon(whatever its called)and rolled into a cave where I cant get at.In fact I dont even know if it still exsists.I wouldn't try anything like glueing because it may happen to you. I put where I wanted and placed cc on it to keep the currents from moving it but look what happened

dburr

Is it like a worm or something? :confused:
I see these two spikes in the middle of the feathers. I often wonder... :rolleyes:

frenchman

If the feather duster does not like the place you placed it, it will leave its "skin" and go to a different place (where there is maybe less movement). It will then re-create a new "skin". I seriously doubt that the duster will roll by itself. Basically, let it be where it wants to be. Maybe place it between some rocks to start with. They seem also to like to be on the ground.
But please .... DON'T GLUE IT! :mad:
You just don't glue something because you don't like the place it is located or where it's going. If not, I would have glued my watchman goby to a different place :rolleyes:

ke4nfy

i put my feather duster between two rooks on the bottom of my tank later i wanted to move the rocks it had attached to one of them and i was able to move it that way you may want to try that but i also think you should not glue

S

schroder_reef

You can't keep a good feather duster in the same spot, at least in our set-up..
Ambie

I had a iddy biddy feather duster jump ship from his home when I put my live rock in the tank, but it seems a lot happier now that he moved from the rock to my sand bed. He's growing a lot quicker also.