Do I have the right to GLOAT!!!???

candycane

Here it is. I was in the LFS about an hour ago. One Duncan coral (Duncanopsammia). I think it might be an Australian based on the coloration when it fully opens.
Here's the gloating. I asked how much it was, 41 dollars per polyp I thought was a bit high. Turns out it was 41 dollars FOR THE ENTIRE CORAL - all 11 polyps out the door, cost me 41 dollars.

T

tizzo

What'd they think it was a sun coral??
Your LFS are the tupe I'm always on the hunt for, but have yet to find.

Oh, I hate you!

wangotango

Nice find
Gloat on.
I just picked up a nice Acan lord with 5 polyps for $50. $50/polyp at another LFS was a bit rediculous.
-Justin

T

tizzo

Oh, you'll sell it! I've seen all your posts in the classifieds, lol

candycane

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2715909
Oh, you'll sell it! I've seen all your posts in the classifieds, lol

I sold a couple of my favorite corals to get money for the lights I needed. But I already got those. This one I don't know. I got an Acanlord Frag that was red and white for 10 bucks. I grew it out for 5 years and sold a bunch of frags off of it. I just kind of go from store to store once a week and see if there is anything there that is to good to pass up. I think 41 dollars for the entire Duncan falls under that category.
I don't really sell much though. I mean there's the clams, those 4-5 corals and the Pinpoint Monitor - other then that, don't really sell to much. My stuff just doesn't grow that quick. Don't know why though.

candycane

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2715935
You feed it?? Stuff grows like nuts when it's fed.
GREAT!!!, LOL
I'm not even sure it's a Duncan any more. It might be a Euphyllia of some sort the more that I look at it. I just don't think I have ever seen a Euph with a slimey outter coating that was brown/green and made up the skeleton. Unfortunetely, I don't want to go poking around at the polyps either to find out.

rebelprettyboy

man great deal. Ive been wanting some duncans for the longest. LFS doesnt have any and it seems like everyones grow very fast for them, but theyre never selling any. and if the lfs did have some here i know itd be like 100+ for a small piece

groupergenius

Originally Posted by candycane
http:///forum/post/2715989
GREAT!!!, LOL
I'm not even sure it's a Duncan any more. It might be a Euphyllia of some sort the more that I look at it. I just don't think I have ever seen a Euph with a slimey outter coating that was brown/green and made up the skeleton. Unfortunetely, I don't want to go poking around at the polyps either to find out.
It's an Aussie Duncan. I have 2 colonies in 2 separate tanks. They will grow new heads very fast with daily or even twice daily feedings of mysis or even krill. In my 120, the tentacles are about 1.5"-2" average in a fairly high flow environment. Like a stalk of condy anemones.

candycane

Yeah, I got it in a LOT of flow under A LOT of light and it appears pretty happy because it opened that much in about 45 minutes. I'm not to worried about the survival as much as I am the ID. I know the polyps/skeleton are supposed to be dendroid (like Tubastreas). That Euphyillias are phacelloid and sometimes flabella-meandroid - now it's starting to get to me because I don't want to bleach out a corallite. Just that the outter part of the skeleton is "slimey" and is not rough like most Euphyllias.

groupergenius

Lights out on all the tanks right now so here's some older pics. They are much bigger now.
BTW......gloat baby cause that was a great price.

candycane

I guess I can only assume it's a Duncan. Hopefully it will start to extend it's tentacles a bit more tomorrow. They are just so short and stubby right now and that's throwing me off. Hopefully it isn't a Euphyllia. The skeleton isn't brittle at all, not calice either. It's like a piece of plastic tubing covered in slime, LOL.

H

heart & sole

its definitly a duncan mine looked the same as yours when i fish got it give its a day or two and it will fully extend. Feeding it will definitly help it grow mine started with 3 heads and now has almost 20 in about 2 and a half months. Gloat on for that cheap of a price

First night in the tank

About a week ago