Do i still want one?

xfishf0odx

Ok, i always thought the Piccaso trigger was really cool looking. I went into my lfs today and they had a 4" one in a 40gl with an 8" queen angel. Out of no where the trigger went after the angel and ate both of its eyes in under 2 minutes. It was happily swimming around and would go back every few seconds to rip any left overs out of the eye sockets. After seeing this i am kinda hesitant about puttin gone in my tank. Anyone else ever see this kinda behavior?

sweetpup

ive heard of humu's picking eyes off eels too.. i have one with a coral beauty and they get along perfectly... :yes:

f1shman

GROSS. I have mine with a queen angel, undulated trigger, volitan lionfish, yellow tang, and maroon clown. The queen angel whips mine into shape, at first her top fin was getting nipped a bit, but now its so long and purty, and ive seen the angel bite the picasso before lol. Guess it depends on the individual haha.

angelsrock

if you value the life of every fish in your tank you will get rid of the undulated trigger, they are too aggressive to be kept with other fish.

scubadoo

Some triggers are like time bombs...they simply explode one day for no reason. Sorta like disgruntled postal workers

moraymike

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Some triggers are like time bombs...they simply explode one day for no reason. Sorta like disgruntled postal workers

LOL... Too true... Great analogy! :joy:

dougai

there is a fish a my lfs with no eyes and im almost 100% positive there is/was a humu in there

ophiura

I agree on the "postal" analogy, LOL, but I would also consider that to be a particularly stressful sitauation (tank size) for that fish put in with another large fish.