Do my fish...GOT ICH?

cre8or23

I woke up this morning to white spots all over my coral beauty, singapore angel and one of the B&W perculars. Of coase the only on seeming to not be affected is the blue damsel.
Is this ich? If so what can be done? I am currently feeding my tank Ca, iorn, reef builder carbon alkalinity, and phytoplankton. Can any one of these chemicals trigger stress in my fish.If i could point to one thing that i changed w/o notice to my fish in the last 3 days it would be water temp. All because i let a friend who has a tank also see it and he said my temp was too high 80 F but my fish were doing fine until i took his advice and lowered it to 77-78. So what i did now was re-adjust the water temp back to 80 to see if this will kill the parasites if this doesn't work any other solutions? I only have one other tank available and it's a 10 gallon too small for a quarintine tank, right? PS i have live rock and a hard blue sponge. So copper is not an option.
arthur:confused: :confused:

cre8or23

ph seemed to be fine. After re-adjusting the temp and 2hrs later all white spots are gone. Coral beauty is still acting funny though he is hidding out and not swimming so something is still wrong.

cre8or23

u r right 737, i shouldn't listen to him. He bought a neutibrach from a LFS and the guy told him that particular one filter feeds. Doing some reserch i stumbled on this same site that it eats meaty foods after i showed him the proof he still didn't believe me. 2 weeks later it died.
hopefully the same won't happen in my tank to my fish for listening to him

jumpfrog

As stated, ph swings are very stressfull. You ph may very well change during the day. Check it first thing in the morning and again before lights out. Sometimes when you're adding alkalinity and calcium products you can easily throw your ph out of balance as CO2 and O2 levels change throughout the day. Make sure your alkalinity stays at high levels to reduce the 'bounce' effect.
Good Luck!

cre8or23

i just bought 2 cleaner shrimp for a 55 gallon tank and boy should i have bought 3 or 4 but at 18 a pop 2 was good enough. the fish are standing in line. I guess that's a good indication that something is wrong. Maybe just maybe i'll add another tomorrow. Picture i'm supposed to be buying a CPR back pack dual chamber skimmer for 75.00 i gotta actually see it to believe it.