Do Skimmers kill corals?

monalisa

Originally Posted by kaseykagan
That's exactly whats happening! How do we prevent it?
Are there any adjustments that can be made on your skilter? I've never had one, so I'm not familiar with those at all.

I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out.
Lisa :happyfish

speg

I dont have any delicate corals like sps or nothing.. but when I first got my AquaC remora it released TONS of bubbles constantly... corals had zero negative effects.

kaseykagan

Just an airstone at the end of a hose that you either press in tight or losen to allow air in! We are actually getting a brown filament building up on the surface of our water and I am wondering if its because we are not running our skilter enough! But I don't want to kill our corals with air bubbles!

joker_ca

When I Got My Remora It Released A Small Amount Of Micro Bubbles Into The Tank
But Check To See If You Have Any Air Leaks Any Where And Is It A New Skimmer

kaseykagan

no it is not new. We need to get a new one but am trying to make do with this one till we can get a good one! Any recommendations?

atlantis

Where is your skimmer located? If it's a hang-on then try putting a piece of sponge filter where the water falls into the tank. If you have to cut a slit in the sponge so that the lip of the waterfall can fit into it.This will keep it in place. I had the same problem and this worked well.