Do You Like Rap?

speg

Originally Posted by obarrera
I don't really like rap(and im 17) I like Club mix or electronica(not sure what it's called), Paul Van dyk and DJ Tiesto are one of my favorite ones.

Like that new remake by the VinylShakerz? One night in Bangkok!

obarrera

Originally Posted by ThaNgBom
pvd and tiesto have great cd's....
i have not personaly seen either dj live but my dj buddies have and they say tiesto sucks.. he was duble bassing and all that bad stuff..
but i have seen Sasha and digweed,nu-n-r-g, armin van bueran,ferry corston.... and a few more.. they are great dj's!!!! awsome concerts/raves!!!!!

I don't think tiesto sucks, not all of his songs are great but he has some cool ones, I like the song "Just Be" and "Walking On Clouds", they're pretty tight.

fishkiller

Speg- YEAH BROTHER!!!! Love the slipknot!!! What do you think of Subliminal Verses??? It's a little softer, but I love it. Iowa and 70654***** is the best though! SIIIICC!!! Oh yeah, RAP SUCKS!!! If you didn't catch the drift before.... :happy:

philgmiami

Originally Posted by 1968OldsMa
Rap is horrible it's not even music it's just like screaming into a mic it's useless argh i hate that so much.
screaming into a mic ?. i think you got heavy metal mixid up with rap

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Andretti
I like about 1%, the other stuff is just vulgar, sexist, gangsta crap that is slowly going away!
5-10 years ago, 90% of my students listened to rap. Now, (thank God) most listen to classic rock. :happy: i.e. Van Halen AC/DC. I'm from the 80s metal generation and it's funny how most of my students now listen to Motley Crue, Ozzy, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, etc. Granted some of the lyrics from Ozzy & Motley aren't for the faint of heart, but it's not nearly as bad as rap crap talkin about ho's, murder, gangs, drugs, etc.
ho's, murder, gangs, drugs, etc. is whats real in life

philgmiami

Originally Posted by obarrera
I don't really like rap(and im 17) I like Club mix or electronica(not sure what it's called), Paul Van dyk and DJ Tiesto are one of my favorite ones.
I also don't really like todays rap, I hate alomst every rapper haha. One of the ones I like is Bone Thigs N Harmony, Oh and that new rapper "Chingo Bling" is pretty funny too.lol
hell yaaaaaaaaaaa,, paul van and dj tiesto
i like techno more then anything, its happy music :yes: ..heres some more cool techno dj's,look then up on your music download site... dj gemeni,,dj santana,dj fbi

dan87

Rap is terrible. I understand some people like it, but i can't understand WHY they do. Classic rock is the best of all. Pink Floyd, Rush, The Red Hot Chili Peppers... also Sublime and Primus are great bands.

obarrera

Originally Posted by philgmiami
hell yaaaaaaaaaaa,, paul van and dj tiesto
i like techno more then anything, its happy music :yes: ..heres some more cool techno dj's,look then up on your music download site... dj gemeni,,dj santana,dj fbi

lol happy music.
Anyway I'll see if I like any of those Dj's you mentioned.

obarrera

philgmiami, I downloaded some songs of the DJ's you mentioned but I didn't like them, maybe I just downloaded the bad songs.
But anyway you should download the ones I mentioned earlier, which are:
Paul Van Dyk-Tell Me Why(Club Mix)
Paul Van Dyk-Nothing But You
DJ Tiesto-Just Be
DJ Tiesto-Walking On Clouds
These 4 songs are my favorite ones, they're just F'ing bada$$ IMO.:)

crashedin0

wow hard subject
i lik the stuff but in the last six months its gone down hill
around 98 i think was the highest point in rap
but i hav never beena rap only person
i currently listin more to rock for its replay value rap songs get old really fast and u dont enjoy them for lik three monthes and then if u hear tomany times u hate it to much
but i can leave a rock cd in my radio for up to 3 months at a time
best rappers
mof def, common, nas, kanye west, eminem, tupac, tribe called quest, fugees, wu tang, bone thugs,
what sets them apart is the lyrics are what make the music
its not just a hot beat and the image lik :
50, all of GUNIT most of the southern rappers (i lik some of the songs but gosh they get so repeatative OK!!!!!!!!!! YUUUUUUUHHHH!)

doxboi

I really do not listen to rap or hip hop no more, because it really is not what is was long ago like others have said. Poeple today dn't even know the roots of rap like the elments, Hip-Hop, break dancing, graffitti, now thats what it was all about! Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh type stuff! Run DMC and fat boys days! Breakn', Beat Street and all that!! Wearing Skid pants and I.O.U, Z Caverricci. Those of you that grew in the begining of Hip-Hop know what I am saying. Now-a-days kids no noting about that, rap is just a show and it has know true culture anymore. I shold say it is losing it's culture to money and greed! Now I can't say I did not like a little ghetto rap now let m name some rapHip-Hop I liked:
DJ Quick
HI-C
AMG
NWA and everyone that broke off from there!
EPMD
KRS One
Slick Rick
RUN DMC
2 Pac
Soul Sonic Force
Biggy
Spice 1
Cypress Hill
WU-TANG #1 and everyone who broke and made their singles
Geto Boys
Crucial Conflict
NAS
Naughty By Nature
Big Daddy Kane
Too Short
Outkast
Grandmaster Flash
Chubb Rock
Warren G
The D.O.C
Luniz
MC Breed
Onyx
Bone Thugs N Harmony
MC Lyte
Afrika Bambaataa
Kurtis Blow
Cash Crew
That's Just a few I could go on all night! Also for someone like 50 cent to think he is and ever will be better than some of the people on this list, he's got to be stupid!

airforceb2

Good techno band-Lautsprecher Best song IMO-Omnibus (Techno needs at least 2 tempo changes to be good)
Good College Band-OAR (Of A Revolution) Best song-3am or Hey Girl (comparable to Dave Mathews or Howie Day) Check them out!!