Do you think a coralife 36 watt is too much for my 125 gal tank?

fumanchu88

I have a bad hair algea problem and some of my fish have ich do you think there is such a thing as too much uv sterlization?

codylowe

LOL...

The title for this post says -
"Do you think a coralife 36 watt is too much for my 125 gal tank?"

codylowe

Originally Posted by fumanchu88
I have a bad hair algea problem and some of my fish have ich do you think there is such a thing as too much uv sterlization?

2 things... Switch to RO/DI water (if you don't use it already) and always QT your fish...
I don't know much about UV sterilizers, but if you follow the two rules above you shouldn't have these issues anymore.

b bauer

Originally Posted by codylowe
LOL...

The title for this post says -
"Do you think a coralife 36 watt is too much for my 125 gal tank?"

was this needed
they asked a ? not a flame why not give them that light you keep selling?

lesleybird

Hi, For those who think they know all the answers I use R/O with a double DI and still have algea problems even though the amonia and nitrites are zero and the nitrate is about 5. So all of this is not solved by R/O DI use. Lesley

sign guy

Originally Posted by Lesleybird
Hi, For those who think they know all the answers I use R/O with a double DI and still have algea problems even though the amonia and nitrites are zero and the nitrate is about 5. So all of this is not solved by R/O DI use. Lesley
lets keep in mind that were all on here to help no one is tyring to be a know it all.

sign guy

Originally Posted by fumanchu88
the 36 watt is HUGE I have one of each (9w/18w/36w) and more than anything the 36 will heat up your tank alot. I had a 18 on my 125 and and it helped alot. do you know whats cousing the algea? some things to consider
over feeding
high traits
tap water
need of water changes
phosphate
do you have a refugium?

zman1

I think the question he is asking is about a 36W UV sterilizer being too much for a 125 gallon tank. Sorry I couldn't answer the original poster's question.
However, I thought I would add this information on what I understood the original question to actually be....
Edit --I was typing while sign guy added a second post - he got

codylowe

Originally Posted by b bauer
was this needed
they asked a ? not a flame why not give them that light you keep selling?

Jeese... I wasn't flaming anyone.... The title that this post showed cut out the part about the UV sterilizer.... I thought it was funny.... You need to think a little more before you come back like that - I put my .02 in...
I thought it was asking if a single light - 36 watt - would be good to use as a lighting system for the tank... That is why i thought it was funny... I thought everyone else would see it too.

sign guy

Originally Posted by codylowe
That is why i thought it was funny... I thought everyone else would see it too.
I thought it was funny as well guess were the only ones with a since of hummor