Do you think this is a good deal?

michaud65

I have been wanting a 72 bow for a long time and I found this one that someone is selling locally. I think it sounds like a great deal but I wanted to know what you think. Right now I have a 29 and would love to upgrade!Thanks!
72 gal. bow saltwater reef tank. Includes H. Q. I. &. P. C. (medal halide, power compact and moonlights) lighting, Pro clear sump, 4 Rio 800 powerheads,100 lbs liverock, 80 lbs sand and heater etc. One green bubble tip anemone, 2 percula clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 green mandarin,1 banggai cardinal and one green chromis. Corals - carnation, yellow sun, frogspawn, wht bubble, open brain, leather, pom pom torch, green zoanthid and goniopora flower and a cup coral. Emerald crabs, hermits and snails. Books, food, test kits and access. all incl. Tank is a must see, up and running for one yr. Asking 2,300. O. B. O.

S

smartorl

I know someone here in town that has a 210 gallon, macked out, granted there in no livestock but everything is top of the line, for $2100.
Personally, I think it is a bit high. I guess alot depends on your area though. Have you looked on craigslist just to see what is out there or even for a local reefers club?

michaud65

I have not checked the local reef club. I am not even sure if we have one. But how much do you think would be a resonable offer on this tank or would it just be best to gradually buy what I want?

renogaw

while the person isn't doing you any favors, it still is a decent price.
you're looking at 500-600 in live rock, 300-400 for the sump (assuming fuge as well) 100 in sand, 600-700 or more for the light, the live stock another 300-400, plus i'd assume the fact that the fish and such are going to be disease free.
problem is, that's all new pricing. someone selling used is going to have a hard time selling for 1500. your light bulbs are all around $50 each, so find out how old they are.