Doa

thejdshow

I made my first purchase from SWF.com and when it arrived today I was surprised to find how cold the water was. Is this normal? I mean it is bitter cold outside now in michigan Anyways the fish and cleanup crew were fine, but my cleaner shrimp was dead on arrival. I still drip acclimated him thinking once the temp of the water had risen he might show some signs of life... no such luck =(. Overall I am pretty happy with the order though, Coral Beauty was one of the most stunning of its kind that I have ever seen, GSP was bigger than I though, and starting to open after only being in my tank for like 30 mins... and my lights are still off. I guess this will allow me to test SWF.com's gaurentee. I hear they are very good about honoring it.

alyssia

I live in Ohio and have had many shipments when it is freezing and the water is always really cold and yes, SWF is good about honoring their guarantee.

thejdshow

cool... Ya i figured the cold water wouldn't have to much effect if you just acclimate them slower, and slowly bring the temp back up. So i floated them for like 10 mins before drip acclimating them

mosalt

I received my order yesterday & was disappointed in the bursa trigger that was a guanteed item from a previous order. it was the size of a quarter!!! also today it is dead!! so i'm not sure if there's a guarantee on a guaranteed item!!! we'll see. My atlantic blue tang is huge, but today is very stressed. hopefully it'll make it. wish me luck (we're in Missouri)

tk

I've purchased everything in my tank, from swf.com and these guys are great. I've not had a doa, but have lost a couple, probably my fault, within the 15 day period. They were replaced without question. I'd highly recommend them!
Tom K

mosalt

I'm not saying they're horrible, but you must spend $100 minimum with all their misc charges & then if something does die, you have to spend another minimum $100 to get your replaced fish back because it doesn't count as part of the minimum order! My tank isn't huge, therefore I have to wait for my fish to die to be able to add the minumum order back into my tank. I think I'll go to the local store and spend less & get to pick my fish. Has anyone ever seen a trigger the size of a quarter??? That's smallllllllll.........

hatessushi

Originally Posted by mosalt
I'm not saying they're horrible, but you must spend $100 minimum with all their misc charges & then if something does die, you have to spend another minimum $100 to get your replaced fish back because it doesn't count as part of the minimum order! My tank isn't huge, therefore I have to wait for my fish to die to be able to add the minumum order back into my tank. I think I'll go to the local store and spend less & get to pick my fish. Has anyone ever seen a trigger the size of a quarter??? That's smallllllllll.........
My trigger was huge. He was advertised as 2 to 3 inches smaller then I received him. Other than that I have had pretty good luck with swf.com although items were in really cold water by the time I got them so it took about 6 hours to acclimate properly.
I think that is a big deal and others have mentioned the fact that the guarantee on an item has costs other then with the guaranteed item. In other words the guarantee is, "if your item dies in transit or other reasons we will replace the item for the cost of buying MORE new items and you pay shipping". Wow, that sounds like a real incentive to buy based on guarantee".
I had some sand crabs die and received a voucher. by the time I was ready to order again I couldn't find the voucher. My bad, but no big deal on a cheap item.

thejdshow

im sure ill be making another purchase soon enough anyways.
My gsp is a pretty big peice, but not so green looking, has more of a brown look to it than a bright green. Im sure once it grows it will become more green looking though

cocoboy821

i also recently received a order from swf with the group of 5 peppermint shrimp.. we thought we only got one, but soon found the ones smaller than a penny in the bag lol now to see if we can find them in the tank..

maeistero

my huma was quarter sized when i got him.
maybe i'm a nerd, but i watch cnn every morning before my shower. seeing the airline delays and temps, i wouldn't order anything live at this time of year. it's just not smart.
would you order something from oregon or texas right now?

hot883

Just recieved an order yesterday that I placed on Monday. It was corals but I could not believe the colors and size. They were great. Very happy and will continue ordering from here.

bbb

Originally Posted by mosalt
I received my order yesterday & was disappointed in the bursa trigger that was a guanteed item from a previous order. it was the size of a quarter!!! also today it is dead!! so i'm not sure if there's a guarantee on a guaranteed item!!! we'll see. My atlantic blue tang is huge, but today is very stressed. hopefully it'll make it. wish me luck (we're in Missouri)
I don't think there is. I think on one of the sheets that comes in the box or it might of been up here I read that guaranteed items arn't guaranteed.
We've been satisfied with everything we've oredered thus far.

chellie4u2

I also live in michigan and when i recieved my order it was sorta warm due to the heat packs they placed in the cooler, but the most inportant parts of my order died within the 15 days and i haven't reorded anything yet, im going to do some serious upgrades to my tanks before anything goes back in...