Doberman Pinscher

jbird0420

After years of wanting one, looks like ill be getting one here shortly. Anyone out there a proud Dobie owner??? Pics requested!

teresaq

It took me a while to find a breeder that wasnt a puppy mill. My girl looks just like her dad, even had one ear that didnt take like his. It gives her character.
Here she is at about 10 weeks

T

jbird0420

She's adorable! Do you recommend the breeder you got her from? If so, feel free to PM me the info. It will help out search...Thanks T!!!
Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3019351
It took me a while to find a breeder that wasnt a puppy mill. My girl looks just like her dad, even had one ear that didnt take like his. It gives her character.
Here she is at about 10 weeks

T

teresaq

I will have to look up the info. We got her from a private breeder in Ga. They have one male and a couple of females. I'm not sure if they are still breeding, but I will let you know. They arent show quality, we just wanted pet. Chia hasnt had any health issues and is very sweet.
Have you ever owned a dobie????

They are the best dogs, but they take two yrs to mature. They are very big chewers.
T

jbird0420

Nope first time, but been around plenty. I've always wanted one, since I was a kid. Looking to get AKC, in case I want to stud him out. I raised a lab pup and he chewed for about 2yrs as well. He will have plenty of toys and old t-shirts to chew on.

teresaq

Think wood. Chia chewed the edge off out coffee table one night.

Its funny now, but not then. brand new table.
Now males have a completely differant disposition as females. Males are often one person dogs, where as females are more family.
T
yes she is AKC

jbird0420

Like the pics T!

I have a lot of old furniture and tables in the house. If they get chewed..So be it! Lol!
Male is perfect for me, since I'm a single.

ice4ice

Check out www.dogfancy.com and click on the link for dog breeders. You will be able to find breeders in your state by dog breed.
After losing my precious Persian to liver/pancreatic cancer a month ago, we are getting a Ragdoll kitten in 3 weeks. We found her thru catfancy.com in the breeders link for our state and breed we we're looking to acquire.

jbird0420

Thinking about him. AKC! Whole family tree is Black and Rust. Father's mother is a German import. Father weighs in @ 110lbs, mother 75lbs. Going to check him out on Saturday!!!

jbird0420

Mother is on site. Father is not, but pictured in the last pic. Pups come w/ FL health Certificates, AKC papers, 2 sets of boosters. He will need his 3rd set next week. Going to get that done before I get his ears cropped. Going to check him out on Saturday. I will see then if he's the right choice for me.

martymcfly

This is my red dobe Callie. She is a AKC Champion and a complete sweetheart. I also have a black male named Phoenix but don't have any good photos handy. Dobes are great dogs you will never find a more loyal/protective breed.