Does anyone have a hedgehog?

D

daniel411

Does anyone have a hedgehog? My little sister wants one... or a sugar glider/flying squirel. Do they get smelly? Are they actually neat... or lose their uniqueness after a week?
I'm kind of trying to lean her away from the sugarglider.

sandman12

i had a hedgehog. I got it from a friend and it was pretty mean, hard to hold when it was mean all the time. They r cool, but get boring like hamsters. Sugergliders require alot of care. They hs at night form what i have heard. Talk to asbury030, he use to have one.

wocka

ive had a hedge hog but got rid of it becuase they crap alot and u have to change there cage once a day, they need lots of upkeep, excersize, and there noisy at night

moto757

what about a ferret i had one for 7 yrs and was awesome i litter trained him and everything just put him in the shower once or twice a week they come descented and nuetered and you let them run around an hour or so a day and they are dead tired the rest of it sleeping in your lap

saltcreep

We have 6 hedge hogs. They are real friendly if handled every day. They require a strict diet of low fat/ high protien and yes, they excersize ALL NIGHT. Real rewarding pet but def require a ton of dedication, hmmmmmm..... kind of like another hobbie that comes to mind,,,,, SWF.

oceanviews

I had a hedgehog for 10 years (Pinhead). She was very friendly but I gave her alot of attention on a daily basis. They have a pretty specialized diet and they seem to love their treats(honey was Pinhead's favorite treat). They are good pets if you have the time for them (If you decide to get one, keep the band-aids close by at nail-trimming time).

spicey

i was just breeding hedgehogs and selling them at the lfs i work at and there pretty cool but i would rather tinker with my tank so i gave the remander to my brother.