Does anyone have Electric Blue mushrooms?

smoney

I'm starting to get into mushrooms and was wondering if anyone had any of those electric blue mushrooms?

kdfrosty

Yup, I certainly do have some of these shrooms. They spread faster than other varieties of shrooms that I have.

kdfrosty

Ok...I figured out who I traded with. Their SWF.com nickname was "Farmboy". I exchanged 3 green striped shrooms for 3 blue shrooms. HTH

smoney

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
Ok...I figured out who I traded with. Their SWF.com nickname was "Farmboy". I exchanged 3 green striped shrooms for 3 blue shrooms. HTH
I looked at "Farmboy's" profile and it shows that he hasnt been on since july, I was wondering if your electric blue have spread and if your willing to sell or trade me a small piece.

kdfrosty

Ya, they certainly have spread, but I still don't have that many. I started with 2 or three free floating shrooms, and now I have about 6 dime sized shrooms and maybe three or four SMALL shrooms just sprouting up.
When these SMALL shrooms grow some more I will gladly trade. right now I just dont thing that I have enough to make a trade worthwhile for either one of us.

hot883

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
Ya, they certainly have spread, but I still don't have that many. I started with 2 or three free floating shrooms, and now I have about 6 dime sized shrooms and maybe three or four SMALL shrooms just sprouting up.
When these SMALL shrooms grow some more I will gladly trade. right now I just dont thing that I have enough to make a trade worthwhile for either one of us.
I too am interested in the shrooms. What do you feed them and will they do good in a 55 with 260w P.C.'s?

kdfrosty

I had the shrooms in a 50g with 220w PCs on it. They did great. I recently added a 400w 10000K MH and kept the PCs actinic....they're doing even better now.
I don't directly feed them anything. I do, however, feed the tank 1/2 capful of DTs Phyto once per week. Other than that they just get light.

smoney

BTW KDFrosty,
The frag swap is such a neat idea, i cant wait till i have some frags to swap.

snowcrab

I work with farmboy, i'll let him know tomorrow that you would like to talk to him. also he got his starter blue shrooms from my 65 gal tank. they spread like mad. they started as a free single pollip from my lfs. about 4 years ago since then they have spread through out my tank killing out my white and silver xeinia colonies and they currently try to attach and cover everything. i take them to my lfs about every 2 months on rubble i throw in the bottom of my tank and now I have even had to try to kill them out with no luck for every one that dies 10 more show up. i have even had to move my bubble coral becuase they keep covering it up and trying to attach to it. however they are very nice to look at. if you want some either farmboy or I can hook you up. :happyfish

scottgotts

Originally Posted by snowcrab
if you want some either farmboy or I can hook you up. :happyfish

i am intrested in your offer, but my tank is pretty new so i dont have any trades, but i would be willing to pay you

smoney

Uhh.. Yah, I am totally interested in them! I believe I get first dibs for all the other users, But yah my email is Smoneyspad@aol.com and just want to make sure, they are electric blue mushrooms right?

farmboy

Hello Shroom lovers!
What's up Frosty? THe stripey is alive and growing-around the size of a silver dollar now.
I have shrooms to trade with, however, they kinda look more purple to me but I guess it depends on your lighting.
I haven't been online for a while-PC problems that I'm trying to zero in on(can't find drivers for and older system-Dude might be gettin a DELL)

I'm actually borrowing a PC to post right now. . .But soon I'll be able to email you all to set up some trades. Smoney-I won't sell them to ya but we can trade something else if you are just getting started.
And I like the new smileys

kdfrosty

Hey Farmboy-
I'm sorry I threw your name out there like I did on this thread....you were a good person to trade with so I figured I'd mention your name.
My blue shrooms are doing great. They are spreading FAST throughout my tank too. Faster than anything else I have. I probably have about 15 polyps now (most SMALL), and started with only 2, and I think it's only been a couple of months. My biggest polyp is a little bigger than a quarter. I'm glad to hear that the stripeys are doin' good. Mine dont spread quick, but they certainly do get big. I think my biggest shroom is about 3" in diameter, so expect some more growth from yours.
The shrooms that I received from Farmboy were mostly purple when I kept them under my original lighting which was 55wx4 PC (10000K & Actinics). Now that I have added a 400w MH (XM 15K bulb) they are glowing blue....no purple at all anymore.
Anyways, I'm sorry for throwing your name out there...I just know you as the only reputable source for these shrooms on this forum.

farmboy

No problem Frosty,
I'm glad to be able to help. Snowcrab hooked me up and helped me get started in the hobby. He was the one who pinted me to these message boards as well!
And now because of the "thermos" method you pointed us to, I get to tell everyone about my well traveled stripey from Albuquerue!
Trading GOOD!
Interesting how the color is different under your lighting. . .I'm still on Normal outputs for now(have parts to build VHO's but time eludes me).
Anyway, I'll try to get my pc lined out and get to you guys who would like some shrooms!
More to follow. . . .