Does Anyones fish make noise?

shels

Ok I am not crazy, but my Emp. Angel makes this noise when she chases the fish. I have to be right in front of the tank to hear it. It sounds kinda like a grunt/growl with a vibration to it. I told my best friend and he thought I was nuts. He heard it last nite. Does anyone else have noisy fish?
Shel:D

brinkdrum

Wow, i'll have to listen. Never heard anything like that, wierdest sound i've ever heard was my old lion coming to the top of the tank and thinking there was food and he'd snap at it. Thats about all though, i'll have to listen.

luvnluk

Damsels & clowns churp?!?! I had no idea - I'll have to listen to them more closely.....it won't be the first time I've been accused of not listening!!!!:p :rolleyes:

I

irenicus

My empreror does that also. Gets kinda annoying to me.

agro

My false percs made a noise like a bullfrog croaking. The first time I heard it I was looking all over to find where it came from, then figured out what it really was. :)

krishj39

Triggers are also known for making grunting sounds. The literal Hawaiian name for them is "Pig fish" both because they sorta have a long snout, and because they grunt like a pig, particularly when removed from the water. I have heard a Humu Trigger grunt, but never personally owned a fish that made noise.

T

thomas712

I had a very large domino, a long long time ago. He used to chortle at night, for quite awhile I could not figure out what the noise was. Finally caught him at it one night, I remember it being really weird to hear it, at night, all alone, in the dark.............................someone turn the lights on please :eek:
Thomas

uking

When I had mine it did the same thing............One when I was trying to catch him or another fish in the tank. He was a really large one also.........It was loud. I believe it comes from there gills. Dont worry. I have heard of it happening to other angels.

acez28

my puffer makes kind of a snapping sound.....it will actually spit water out of the tank too. I thought it was wierd at first but i just decided it was normal

shels

Well I am glad that I am not the only one that hears the fish talking.:D
Thanks for the feedback, I will have to listen and see if clowns have anything to say. LOL
Shel