i think it depends on how sensitive your skin is. even though its not a coral i touch my anemone everytime i feed it and dont feel a thing. when i added my ricordia, all it did was stick to my fingers (dont know if that has stinging cells or not)
Some corals may sting. But not every coral will affect everyone, for instance I brush against my Frogspawn and have no problems but I know of people that get red bumps from brushing against frogspawn. Wear gloves if you are worried.
Someone told me that zoos can release a toxin that is quite poisonous to people. However, I have 2 colonies in my tank that have never hurt me at all. In fact, they are quite soft.
As was suggested before, wear gloves if you are worried. Different people have different reactions...just like some people are allergic to Ivory soap and some are not.
I would't touch corals if you have an opened wound on your hand. I pretty sure i felt something off my bubble coral before but it really didn't bother me. I would wear gloves if it bothered me. Only happened once on a sensitve area (forearm)
just depends on your skin and the coral.... im pretty sure everyone can be stung by a fire coral. your fingers and palms are not the most sensitive areas so most people dont have problems touching the coral with those parts...but if rearranging things in the tank then you brush your wrist...chances are ou will get a rash thingy