Does it look ok?

jden092901

When I have seen tanks go in the cycle, they look like crap (some that I have seen at the stores and online). Does my tank look ok? Its so clean and clear...its in the cycle.. here it is...

myreef05

Looks fine, but that does nothing to tell us the water parameters. Please post them as you may or may NOT be cycling. Tell us:
age of set up
size
started cycle with?????????
s.g.
Ph
alk etc.

jden092901

the saltinity is between 1.023 and 1.024, took my water in to have tested and it was all where it should be..only been 4 days now.

puffer32

Your numbers may be good because the cycle hasn't started yet, 4 days seems just to short to run through a complete cycle. Did you actually see the ammonia rise and fall? Nitrutes?

nigerbang

Originally Posted by jden092901
the saltinity is between 1.023 and 1.024, took my water in to have tested and it was all where it should be..only been 4 days now.
It would be best to invest in your own test kits..I, myself dont trust LFS to test my water..

pondy

His tank was set up using some live rock and a cup of live sand from an established reef tank. The rock has been fully cured as has teh sand. Should he still expect his tank to cycle if this is the case? I only know this because I was the one that gave him some rock and the sand. Just curious

R

rattler739

When I started my tank 14g I used 20lbs of LS and about 15-17lbs of LR and had little to no cycle (at least that i saw) but that was a lot of LS and LR but i was not sure about that for a couple of weeks, when i still didnt see anything i was sure that it had already completed itself. I would wait about a week or two and still feed the tank a very little bit and if nothing happens then you know it already happened but if you see any movement in the levels you know that you need to finish cycling it.
Good luck.

mcbdz

I would ghost feed for a couple of days and check the numbers after a couple then ya'll know.
Even if it has very little cycle it still needs a little time to balance out and grow more bacteria so feed it for a little while and help it get established well.
Good Luck.