Does SWF promote not qt new fish?

jg24

I am just wondering. I their acclimation instuctions it doesn't say anything about qt. The reason I ask is what if you had a fish die in qt tank and it shows high ammon. Would they stand by it with that kind of a water sample? I was just wondering. I have one of their kole tangs in qt now and it is great. I would also like to add I had a sixline wrasse die from the same shipment. But SWF is standing by it without even sending it to them.(way to go SWF) Just a thought. Keep up the great customer service SWF. Thanks

from past experiance and a tank of mess, belive me i think 98% of us will agree always quarteen ur fish, it works, and it helps, its not only a good pratice for you to get into, but when its being quarteened your fish wont be picked on for being the newbie and has time to recover from its shipment

jg24

I agree. I am going to be taking a kole tang from qt tomorrow. But, I was just wondering if you were qtin a fish and it died, would SWF stand by it? Because you would be sending them a qt water sample(I would assume anyway) If that sample had say a high ammonia, just because you hadn't changed the qt water yet. Would they stand by the fish. Not that big of a deal, I was just asking.

thats a good question, i mean its always good to have a tank set up for emengencys, like for quarteening and also a tank that has a VERY small bio load, like 1 small fish all alone just for cases like that, that way the water quality is still good

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I've never gotten a spike in ammonia just because a fish died. The most time that a fish has stayed in my tank has been over night.

pufferlover

JG24; I think your question is a good one and I do not have the answer but I think most on line selling sites just figure a buyer has no QT tank and they are giving you their way of adding a fish safely to your tank. If they stated you have to QT the fish how many people would order one as opposed to just going to a lfs and buying whatever they could find they liked. Like everything in life I believe they give instructions based on what they think their normal buyer is going to attempt to do.