"Doesn't sound very tough to me"

2quills

Terrorism. Hate to say it but air strikes do nothing against ISIS. It is in effective. Can everyone agree on this? We don't need to nation build. But we can severely hurt ISIS with a single campaign of boots on the ground much in the way we initially toppled Iraq.
No you need both. Air strikes against ISIS now are largely ineffective because they are simple pin pricks. 15-20 a day is dismal.

In Iraq, we launched a massive air campaign of about 1100 air strikes per day (shock and awe). Then our troops went in and mopped up what was left of the Iraqi army in about a day and a half.

This doesn't have to be drawn out over years. It can be done rather quickly. But it won't be done using a half hearted effort.

snakeblitz33

I know that people losing their jobs in the oil fields has really affected Louisiana's economy. Half my customers are oil field and gas pipeline workers and I'm doing about half the business I did last year. I might have to get another part time job just to make up for lost income.

2quills

I know that people losing their jobs in the oil fields has really affected Louisiana's economy. Half my customers are oil field and gas pipeline workers and I'm doing about half the business I did last year. I might have to get another part time job just to make up for lost income.
Same down here. Over 40% of oil rigs shut down in the last year.