dog faced puffer

xtremenemo

big as any other puff, i saw the one that i just picked up in the store and he was about a foot long. he was only 10 bux more than what i payed for him but i still like the small ones.

cincyreefer

This isn't one of the more common dfp, but it is still one. It is the gold one in the upper right hand corner.

grouperhead

Cincy, is that your tank? If so, you have some incredible specimens! How big is that sohal and miniatus?
Lazy, the largest dogface I've personally seen was right at 6", but they will reach 10-12" if given the right requirements. Some of the Arothron ssp. puffers get larger than others, so just be prepared to have a large enough tank to house a fish that can get to be the size of a football when full grown...

cincyreefer

Grouperhead- The Sohal is probably around 8" not including the fins.... extremely mean fish. The miniatus is about 12" or 13" I would say. It is kinda hard to tell exact size, especially when they have larger fins. Its not my tank, just another one at the store that we put very large and aggressive fish in. That way we can sell fish that will eventually get real big, knowing that they can bring the fish back to us when it gets too big.

I

irenicus

I concur with grouperhead... amazing specimens... Looks good cincy