dogface puffer and chocolate starfish

M

morrowss

I have a chocolate starfish the recently started taking aliking to my corals...will he be ok if if put him in my wifes tank, she has a 5" dogface and horseshoe crab and big snails? I'd like to keep him....just not in my tank!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by morrowss
http:///forum/post/2602182
I have a chocolate starfish the recently started taking aliking to my corals...will he be ok if if put him in my wifes tank, she has a 5" dogface and horseshoe crab and big snails? I'd like to keep him....just not in my tank!
I'm no expert on inverts, but know that these starfish are well known coral gourmets. Most puffers are know to take a bite out of anything slow enough to let it. I guess its left the snails alone so far and the horseshoe is pretty well armored it just might work.; one of those things that just don't have a "for sure" answer. IMO, a 5" puffer, coral, and a CC star+ 2 tanks; just doesn't seem to have a good outcome. At least, for the starfish.

M

morrowss

the chip has been pretty good till lately so ive been trying to stuff him as much as i can.....the puffer is ok in his tank with the horeshoe and snails but i figured he"d probably take a chunk out of chip if i put him in there....i guess ill leave him in my tank until maybe i find him a home or setup the 3rd tank...

crashbandicoot

In the past I had a chocolet chip starfish in with a dog face puffer and a stars and stripes puffer . Never had a problem.

aquaknight

In my mom's tank, she had a dogface and a choc chip. The puffer used to love to eat the 'chips' off the star's arms. We moved the star to fuge, and hasn't been happier. I suspect once the chips were gone, whole arms would be next