Dogface Puffer Questions

pangdonger

Anyone here have one of these and what can you keep with it? Can you keep more than one?
I have two clowns and two chromis already and am getting a reef cleaning package tomorrow.

stdreb27

They are really cool. How big is your tank? Cause they get really big and are messy. And they eat out of my hand. And they will eat your cleanup package too.

S

surfinusa

sadly you tank is too small and they will eat the other small fish and rip up inverts

stdreb27

Originally Posted by surfinusa
sadly you tank is too small and they will eat the other small fish and rip up inverts
I tend to agree this gets to be a large fish. Although I have mine in a 180 and it still eats all the inverts.

gmax111

just bought one today and i knew they couldn't be with inverts except on rare occasions... I brought him home acclimated him and put him in the tank... With-in 2 hours my sea urchins had no more spines... Yeah i thought it was pretty weird and my long spine urchin was one of my fav things in my tank.. HAHA Well im taking him back tomorrow...

kanicky

I love puffers <3
I have a Valentini and yeah, he likes to pick on the hermit crabs. They know now to hide in their shell whenever a shadow passes over

When we get our 200+ tank, I'm either going to get a Porc or a Dog-face, as they are both SO personable. I've read that the dog-face will actually pout when it's upset... it will go to a corner of the tank, stick its "nose" in it, and ignore you and everyone around it until it "cools off." They often do this when you tease them with food.
Quite cute and funny.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Kanicky
I've read that the dog-face will actually pout when it's upset... it will go to a corner of the tank, stick its "nose" in it, and ignore you and everyone around it until it "cools off." They often do this when you tease them with food.
Quite cute and funny.
mine did that all the time it was the funniest thing but when it pouts it turns black and almost seems like he puts his tail between its legs !