DOGSTAR>>>POST PICS

joncat24

Dogstar...you had a pic thread of your 180 up not long ago...I cant find it anymore. could you please post some more pics of your 180. It is one beautiful tank.
I just got mine in . (still building stand) and wanted to look at yours again....Thanks...

dogstar

Wow, thanks. However I had some computer problems and lost most all of the pics of that tank. Most all my pics of everything.
Im really mad about it but.....
I still have this one....

joncat24

thanks for posting... that is one of the best looking tanks I have ever seen.
I just got a new AGA 180 with dual megaflows. Hope to have it going in a couple of weeks. Yours gives me something to shoot for

dogstar

Originally Posted by promisetbg
WOW..I have never seen your tank, it's gorgeous!

What. I have posted so many pics I thought people were sick of seeing them. Any way, Thanks. Found another one.. BTW, I dont use this 180g anymore ( leak
) , I downsized and move most into a 150g.

lubeck

what type of anemone is the cinnamon clown iby in the first pic? I have never seen your tank either. ITs absolutly AWESOME.

newbieabc

do they get the black on their body as they get older because the tomato clown at my lfs dosent have any black? its probably because he's a baby.

cyclops

DOGSTAR
That is a nice tank. I have a 135 reef tank that looks nothing like that. help me make mine like yours

dogstar

Well, it takes time....
The clowns are mated, regularly breeding Cinnamons ( I think, who knows. who cares, there happy, Im happy )
Ill run down the list of the 150g I have now, had all this on the 180g anyway but upgraded the fuge.
150g AGA dual overflows
Durso stand pipes diy
55gl sump/fuge diy
Drains to BioBallBox
UV 24/7
2 Red Sea Berlin skimmers 24/7
Runs thru fuge w/ 6 inch deep sand bed, macros
65watt 65K LOA lighting on fuge 24/7
2 Mag 9.5 for returns 24/7
1 return thru CSL 1/4 hp chiller set at 80F
From chiller split to OTT spouts w/ anti syphons
1 return thru modified SCWD wave maker w/ OTT spouts w/ anti syphon
1 200 watt heater set at 79F ( dont really need this in S. Fl. )
All temp. devices seperately digitally controled
Vented cabinet, MH ballest in cabinet diy
3 250 watt 14K SE MH (220 volt) retro 12 hours each on timers
moons 24/7 diy
Hood is 14 inches tall, vented w/ fans diy
200 lbs Fiji LR
20% CC 80% Caribsea aragonite reef grade sand 3 inches deep
RO/DI, TropicMarin
Lots of test kits and books and reserching and reading at Saltwaterfish.com and ups and downs and successes and disapointments and trail and errors and money and worrys and smiles.........I do love the hobby but sometimes I just want to .....nevermind.
Most of the livestock I have had for 5 years thru three tanks and several hurricans, I hate hurricans. oh yea...1 battery back up air pump.
Heres the 150g, and the upgraded sump/fuge diy, by 1 crapy camera, haha

joncat24

Jesus...your fuge looks as good as many display tanks...LOL...posting some pics of the stand I am building for my new 180.. :jumping:

joncat24

I think that should hold it...
4x4 corners with carraige bolts and lag screws
2x6 cripple studs and joist type runners and frame
all is inset .5 inch to allow for high density foam on the top for easing of any pressure points caused by uneven wood...As in Maybe I didnt cut them all straight>>LOL
let me know if you guys think it will hold. The stands in the stores are not built near this heavy, so it should work...I HOPE

lubeck

Originally Posted by newbieABC
sorry but whats the name of that clown fish dogstar?

I believe they are cinnamon clowns.. I have two of them.

lubeck

Originally Posted by newbieABC
do they get the black on their body as they get older because the tomato clown at my lfs dosent have any black? its probably because he's a baby.

Some of lfs don't know there is such a thing as a cinnamon clown so they call them tomato clowns.

dogstar

Originally Posted by Lubeck
what type of anemone is the cinnamon clown iby in the first pic? I have never seen your tank either. ITs absolutly AWESOME.
Sorry, I missed seeing this earlier.......Its a BTA, thanks.