Domino Damsel

kev

How big do these guys get? I really like the way they look and seem pretty active. SWF.com says that they get only 3in, I thought that I heard others talking about how huge their domino is???

lu

I've had my domino since the tank started (about 3 1/2 months) and he hasn't really grown bigger, just fatter. He's still about 1 1/2" long and 1" tall, just a little plumper than when I brought him home.

S

sandy

The one I *had* in my 20 gal had to go... it was very agressive... though it was a 20 gal. Also my blue velvet did the same thing when he got older... beat up everyone. My yellow-tails don't seem to beat up anything but me... when I put my hand in the tank it attacks me.

dsa_mom

we had one that had to go back to the lfs, he was chewing up the fins and tail of one of our other damsels. good luck if you choose this fish. Also, the color fades to more of a grey as they mature.

henry

My LFS has a large Domino, he's about 3.5 inches, gray in color and very ugly. The small ones are definitely cute but they don't stay like that for long. This Domino also had to be in a tank on his own 'cos he was such an PITA.

At Coral Connection here in New Orleans I had to do a double tank when I spotted thier Domino. It was HUGE. I swear he had to be pushing atleast 4in. And he was still a dark black in color. Dunno much else about them, except like stated before...damsels, like all small fish, are hard as hell to catch in large tank set-ups.

thered

My domino is about 5 inches(the biggest I've ever seen). He is aggressive but my Tang and Clown can handle him and my 3 inch Four Stripe is faster than him. He is black but turns a pretty light purple/gray (I think when he is stressed). He is too aggressive for me to get small fish though, so if you are getting lions and big fish I would not recommend .

nm reef

I have a domino in my semi-aggressive system with a dwarf lion and a huma huma. The domino was one of the fish I used to cycle my reef system approximately 15 months ago. After removing him from the reef(a true PITA)...I placed him in this system...he is now about 3"-4" in length and actually a pretty kewl fish. Just be aware that as a rule they are extremely aggressive ...although mine is kept in check.Mine is still black and maintains his white spots...but when excited or hungry he does seems more of a grey....personally I like him but not with fish he can harrass and definitely not in my reef.