Don't Text while Driving

scotts

T3, it happened about 25 miles from my house. Wasn't there another one recently in Washington DC, same thing happened?
Un, They outlawed talking on a cell phone while driving here in CA. After that train crash they then had to make a new law outlawing texting while driving. The scary thing is while they were going through the process I kept thinking, "you mean it is legal to text while driving?"

nina&noah

Oh my! I wasn't prepared for the dead infant and the "Mommy, Daddy wake-up... Mommy, Daddy wake-up."
My hormones can't handle that at this time!
I tell my husband all the time, "Stop using your iphone while your son is in the car." I think it is even worse than texting these days. My husband checks emails! There is no limit to what you can do with a phone now days.
I'm going to make him watch this, but I already know what he is going to say..."honey, those were stupid girls. I pay attention to what I'm doing." He swears he can do both.

meowzer

Originally Posted by nina&noah
http:///forum/post/3114022
Oh my! I wasn't prepared for the dead infant and the "Mommy, Daddy wake-up... Mommy, Daddy wake-up."
My hormones can't handle that at this time!
I tell my husband all the time, "Stop using your iphone while your son is in the car." I think it is even worse than texting these days. My husband checks emails! There is no limit to what you can do with a phone now days.
I'm going to make him watch this, but I already know what he is going to say..."honey, those were stupid girls. I pay attention to what I'm doing." He swears he can do both.
I was kinda hoping the infant was just looking at the fireman

BUT the kid asking for mommy and daddy to wake up was heart breaking

bender77

I just don't get the whole texting and driving thing. I have an iphone too and it sits in my cup holder while I'm driving. I didn't watch the video, couldn't bring myself too, but I wish people would get a clue

triga22

I understand the whole thing, BUT. Many people do not know what they are doing. I text mabye once a day while driving. I either wait until a red light or if its urgent you put the phone on the steering wheel so you can see what your doing and text. Many people do not watch the road....

crypt keeper

I text while riding my motorcycle. You just cant forget too look up.
I drive all the time. I see crazy stuff on the highways. Eating, shaving, clipping toe nails. yes toe nails. Reading books and drinking coffee. People are insane.

meowzer

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3114084
I text while riding my motorcycle. You just cant forget too look up.
I drive all the time. I see crazy stuff on the highways. Eating, shaving, clipping toe nails. yes toe nails. Reading books and drinking coffee. People are insane.
If your EYES were on the road more...you wouldn't be seeing all that crazy stuff

You know what a motorcycle rider looks like in a wreck like that
HUMAN PIZZA

nina&noah

Originally Posted by bender77
http:///forum/post/3114077
I just don't get the whole texting and driving thing. I have an iphone too and it sits in my cup holder while I'm driving. I didn't watch the video, couldn't bring myself too, but I wish people would get a clue
For my hubby, and I think many others, it is this constant need to multitask. He sees the car as wasted time, and so he feels the need to get as much work done as possible while he is in the car. Our society pushes multi-tasking. For example, last night we were driving home and the baby was asleep in his car seat. My husband is talking on a conference call about some email. One person wants my husband to read it to him, since he couldn't forward it to him because he was driving. So my husband proceeds to take the phone and dig through his emails to find it, then he was going to read the WHOLE email. He was going to do this all while driving 70mph on the Florida Turnpike! I interrupted and politely said "honey, please wait until we get home. Your little one is in the car." My husband did as I asked, but everyone involved in the conversation was annoyed at me.

nina&noah

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3114090
If your EYES were on the road more...you wouldn't be seeing all that crazy stuff

You know what a motorcycle rider looks like in a wreck like that
HUMAN PIZZA

+1!!!!!!! You are crazy if you text while riding a motorcycle! Those things are dangerous enough.

crypt keeper

Yeah yeah yeah. I heard it all. been riding since I was 16. I have done it a handful of times. I lost my phone doing 80 so I stopped. I have wrecked before. Hopefully god forbid I wont wreck again. It hurts and it cost lots of money. Never had a major injury. Got my egg scrambled. That sucked but mostly just going too fast in a turn the tire giving out and I slide for about 100 feet then get up hurt ego and angry about the bike.

nina&noah

http:///forum/post/3114102
Yeah yeah yeah. I heard it all. been riding since I was 16. I have done it a handful of times. I lost my phone doing 80 so I stopped. I have wrecked before. Hopefully god forbid I wont wreck again. It hurts and it cost lots of money. Never had a major injury. Got my egg scrambled. That sucked but mostly just going too fast in a turn the tire giving out and I slide for about 100 feet then get up hurt ego and angry about the bike.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a mom!

crypt keeper

actually I didnt know you responded. I was just blibber blabbing away to the crazy cat lady. Its okay that you sounded like a mom. I needed it.

scotts

I am really glad that they outlawed talking on the cell phone here in CA. You could always tell who was talking on the phone just by the way they were driving.
Texting while driving is just idiotic.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3114102
LOL...I owned a bike in NY....I thank God that I never wrecked...I really value my skin

My husband and I were considering getting bikes here in OK....BUT 2 years ago my stepson had a 4 wheeler wreck, and after spending 13 days in a trauma unit in OKC, and 75% of the trauma were motorcycle and atv wrecks....I quickly changed my mind...excuse me..WE changed OUR minds.
I wish you luck on your bike, just be extra careful....you have so much less to protect you