Dosing Dosing Dosing

tr1gger

I read that you should dose daily/weekly but to may risk overdosing and doing more harm than good.
I read that you should just do your water changes weekly or bi-weekly and that will keep levels were they need to be.
Any tips, suggestions or insight on this?
Any Personal suggestions or experiences?

Dosing is dependant on what you are doing. And when dosing you should have all testing kits to make sure parameters are correct.
I does the following:
- trace elements
- Strontium
- Magnesium
- Calcium
- Potassium
- Complete Zeovit system, minus the reactor

tr1gger

Originally Posted by globaldesigns
http:///forum/post/2753080
Dosing is dependant on what you are doing. And when dosing you should have all testing kits to make sure parameters are correct.
I does the following:
- trace elements
- Strontium
- Magnesium
- Calcium
- Potassium
- Complete Zeovit system, minus the reactor
Now is that a all in one shot, or are those individual dosing. I see so many products i have no clue where to start. BTW i can test for all those and mine seem to be in tip top shape

mr_x

i don't dose anything. my tank is as healthy as the next. i think you should not dose anything unless you are absolutely sure you actually need this element, before adding it. alot of harm can come to your inhabitants if you put too much of something in your water.
as for waterchanges- they can't hurt the tank. not doing them can hurt the tank. regular waterchanges with a quality salt will replenish every trace element you need, without overdosing any, not to mention removing waste.

cveverly

Like Mr. X said don't dose if you don't need it. I have heavy calcium consumption so I dose a 2-part and magnesium
I do 2 gallon water changes couple times a week and a larger 10 gallon on the weekend. This is on a 46 gallon tank.
This works for me but does not mean it is for everyone. However, I feel water changes are about the best thing you can do to help keep your tank stable and healthy. Well that and a good skimmer.