dr. update

seasalt101

tobin and i went to have a consult with dr. berryman from dallas . the chemo has been unsuccessful as of yet.they have to get him into remission before they will do the marrow transplant we discussed the options of whether to harvest from tobin ( if his marrow is good) or his siblings ,berryman told us he has around a 50% success rate for self harveted marrow and less for sibling donors,i guess those odds are good when the other option has a zero % success rate.i will write more at another time thank you for your continued prayers...jenny

R

reefernana

Hang in there guys and be positive that his marrow will be able to be used. That is the best way. When my son was going thru his radiation at UCSF, there was a little 3 year old staying at Family House where we stayed for 6 weeks that had already gone thru chemo, radiation and had his marrow harvested and transplanted. What a little trooper he was. He was a huge inspiration! You are continually in my prayers Tobin, for always.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by reefernana
Hang in there guys and be positive that his marrow will be able to be used. That is the best way. When my son was going thru his radiation at UCSF, there was a little 3 year old staying at Family House where we stayed for 6 weeks that had already gone thru chemo, radiation and had his marrow harvested and transplanted. What a little trooper he was. He was a huge inspiration! You are continually in my prayers Tobin, for always.
thanks rn i'm nervous a little i went from what i thought was 89% survival rate just dropped to 50% that's with my marrow 35% with sibling transplant but i know i am strong inside so i'm confident if nothing else...tobin

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by seasalt101
thanks rn i'm nervous a little i went from what i thought was 89% survival rate just dropped to 50% that's with my marrow 35% with sibling transplant but i know i am strong inside so i'm confident if nothing else...tobin
A lot of people get a 70/30 so you just take that 50 and believe in it that you are on the survivor side. Going into this with believing that you will beat it is necessary. I know you are strong from what you have already gone through and because of that I know you're not gonna stop now just because of the odds. You go for it boy!

seasalt101

thanks everyone believe it or not you guys give me strenghth too, i've already got next years(fingers crossed) vacation figured out and some of you are gonna see me soon, you know who you are...tobin

S

smartorl

Hang in there Tobin, we all know how strong you are and you will come out on top, of that I have no doubts! Hugs to you and Jenny!

seasalt101

Originally Posted by TriGa22
How are the Giants doing? Braves are sucking.
were i think 14 out, i did not check the final standings last night, do you have enough games left to pull it out, or get the wild card?...tobin

triga22

Yes, but no. We would have to win a bunch which wont happen cause the Mets are just too good. The Braves need to get some hits.

seasalt101

Yes, but no. We would have to win a bunch which wont happen cause the Mets are just too good. The Braves need to get some hits.
well i hope we win the a-rod

[hr]
, i need some more pitching too, good nucleus but in need, it would be nice to have a-rod and bonds back to back, my season is shot this year though, but i didpick arizona to win the west, still looking good on that...tobin

seasalt101

yea
good luck to your braves stranger things have happened, but i think the era of the braves needs to be addressed...tobin