dragon wrase

rickt4du

i bought a dragon wrase today and it keeps harassing my hermits picking them up and throwing them around is this just first day jitters or what also bought a clown little guy just swims at the top of the tank whenever he goes deep my domino damsel and royal gramma attack it he's just a little fellow 1 1/2 in is he doomed or will the other fish get used to him? thanks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Agression that begins, usually never ends. I'd suggest that you see if your fish retailer with take the new specimens back in trade for something else.
You don't say what tank size you have or what you have in it. Perhaps you need think about the capacity of your system, and whether you have reached it, or exceeded it? Which might be the cause for so much agression. If not this, then do some research into compatability of specimens. Nothing is more aggrevating than harrassing fish. Good luck!

reptilicus

Perhaps instead of removing the clown you could consider removing the domino damsel as they are a ultra agressive. I doubt the clown will live very long if he stays in that tank. The dragon wrasse is also known as the rockmover wrasse because of this habit, I had one for many years,they are a very very cool fish, one of the best fish I've ever owned. He may calm down but I doubt it. Perhaps you should just let the crabs turn over by themselves as long as he is not eating them they should be OK.
Tom

rickt4du

(quote)
You don't say what tank size you have or what you have in it. Perhaps you need think about the capacity of your system, and whether you have reached it, or exceeded it? Which might be the cause for so much agression. (end)
thanks for the help i have a
40 gal w/60+ lbs of live rock
1 domino damsel
1 royal gramma
1 clown
1 dragon wrase
3 sallys
1 p-mint shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
1 camel back shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 porcelan crab
1 2 deco crabs
1 serpent star
5 each scarlet reef and blue legged hermits
7 turbo snails
is this too much stuff? didnt realize i had so much till i typed it all out, hope not.
thanks for the help.. rick
[This message has been edited by rickt4du (edited 05-22-2000).]

sod

i would get rid of the damsel and the camel shrimp if you plan of corals. the sallys can be a problem they will eat the clown if they get the chance same with the coral banded. is the dragon a adult or juvinal

rickt4du

Originally posted by sod:
i would get rid of the damsel and the camel shrimp if you plan of corals. the sallys can be a problem they will eat the clown if they get the chance same with the coral banded. is the dragon a adult or juvinal

dragon is 3 inches long!!??
do i have too much in my tank??

reptilicus

At 3" he probably be a juvenile. If he looks like a piece of algae or something then he is a juvenile adults have a very different appearance a bit hard to describe though.