Dragon Wrasse

percman

i was looking for a wrasse and i kinda like the dragon wrasse would a dragon be a destructive creature in a coral/percula clown tank.........

rickt4du

i have a dragon wrasse, probably the neatest fish i have ever had...fun to watch...your corals should be ok. but these little guys are diggers..another name for them is a "rock thrower" at night, they burrow into the substrate to sleep and kick around A LOT of sand. But aside from that, go for it. Well worth the little mess. after adding mine to the tank he took a percula clown fry "under his fin" and protects it from a nasty royal gramma. they are inseparable now. fun to watch. hope this helps...
[This message has been edited by rickt4du (edited 07-20-2000).]

mr . salty

This is one of the fish on my "got to have list". The info about personality you guys gave makes me want one more now. THANKS. STEVE P>S> would he be ok with a Lunare wrasse?? He is also on my list.
[This message has been edited by MR . SALTY (edited 07-20-2000).]

percman

WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!! sweet i really wanted one.......thanks for filling me in..........so your sayin basicly that they are pretty good community tanks

I was looking into getting a dragon wrasse, the fish guy said that they are really cool, but after awhile, they will eat inverts, and you have to be careful with who you put in with them. He didn't think that it would work with my false gramma. But otherwise they are supposed to get along with most anything. I hope you get what you want!!
~~Megan

rickt4du

the only invert "abuse" i've seen is when mine picks up a hermit and chucks him across the tank. does not hurt them though or eat them, just likes to practice his free throws... and yes the teeth make him look like Jerry Lewis in the nutty professor....

percman

how big do they grow to? they look like the size of a dwarf lionfish to me.......

if ya have any sites that tell about the dragon wrasse please post them id love to look at them

reptilicus

Hi,
I kept one for years, they're a very cool fish. However, the may cause a bit of carnage as they get older, the move everything around in order to search for tasty morsels to eat, and this can become a pest if you have delicately placed animals. Like most fish, it probably depends on the individual more than anything else as to whether it is invert safe. I haven't got one in my reef, but I may in the future, I'll see how daring I get. They get to about 11" long but get a juvenile and he shouldn't get that big.
HTH,
Tom