Dragon Wrasse

brain1991

I have a small fish only tank (29g) that I am in the process of upgrading. It has in it right now a small dragon wrasse and a huma huma a little larger at maybe 3". Right now my wrasse moves rocks and sand so much that my tank looks like a sand storm every other day. Any tips how to avoid this when I set up my new tank? Maybe a little heavier sand? or is that not an option with a wrasse that is always sleeping in the sand.
Let me know, thanks
Bryan

btldreef

They burrow in the sand, especially when they're scared. It might subside when you set up the other tank and the fish have more room. Right now, he's probably trying to hide from the trigger

darwin

IF your wanting to avoid a sand storm next time use like crushed coral but fine enough that it don't cut his eyes when he burrows dragons like to rearrange their surrounds to their likeings he should be fine with the trigger

S

smallreef

Dragon wrasses have the nick name "tank rescapers" for a reason... they like to move sand and rock,, its what they do... and as they get bigger they do it bigger