drilling acrylic for a standpipe in a 50 gallon seaclear??

thisistodd

ok so my nitrates are out of control and i want to adda fuge to my 50 gallon acrylic with a wet dry built in the back. I know how i can do it, i can drill for a standpipe in the back where the water level is supposed to be. would i need to drain the whole thing of water or just get the water level below where i need to drill it? also, since i have absolutely know experience with an overflow system or drilling for fittings, where do i get what i need to do this??? alsois there a special type of bit i should use?

thisistodd

yes. however, as a was doing it i noticed something i have never noticed before. my tank has quite a bow on it. is this normal?? i have a couple pictures.

thisistodd

i dont know how to get my pictures below 640x480 however. i placed a piece of pvc along it and on both ends there is at lease a half inch gap.

thisistodd

im not sure how to do it i have a mac. i dont really want to fool with it right now. well, i have a 50 gallon acrylic seaclear aquarium. i know its bowed because i could see it bigtime. i used the pvc once i noticed it. the pvc has to be pretty darn close to straight if its only a 3 foot peice.