drip drip drip

1guydude

Why are my stupid bulkheads driping when I finger tighten em really good and or just finger tight
Is there some kind of lube that goes on the gaskets

al&burke

What side do you have the gasket on, I always find they need a bit more than finger tight. Do you have a set of channel locks big enough to go around the bulkhead nut?

acrylic51

I'm assuming sched 40 bulkheads....I've never had a problem with them leaking, but as Al stated usually tighter than hand tight. That's why I honestly spend the extra time; money on sched 80 just for the extra thick gasket and beefy body of the bulkheads itself. No lubed needed for the gasket, and I know some might say/suggest silicone, but very bad idea. I'm sure you know gasket on wet side, but double check, also make sure nothing underneath the gasket as well.

snakeblitz33

make sure the two rings on the gasket touch the glass instead of the bulkhead plastic. I've finger tightened bulkheads without problems, but I've always given them 1/8th of a turn with channelocks...

1guydude

K well I got some on the way home today. I'll let u guys know. Can't wait to get my systems goin and get some of my mess cleaned up.

S

saxman

+ whatever on the channel locks...just a bit of a tweak.
Sometimes tho, I have had to loosen the nut a bit and give the gasket a partial rotation and reseat it, but not very often.