Dropping everything and moving

salty tank

Has anyone ever just dropped everything, including friends, family, house etc. and just moved. I mean maybe not abandoning your friends and family but just completely moving away out of state or country? I wanna do this when i turn like 21 to anywhere that is nice and has nice beaches. I wont need alota money and a big house to be happy when im older i think, as long as i live in a nice spot. I kinda wanna do this for a few years and then get my sh!t together. I now of a few people that kinda did this and it sorta worked out. Just getting a decent paying job may be hard.
I NEED TO GET OUT OF OHIO!

patandlace

When I was 19 my girlfriend(now wifie) and I moved from NH to Sarasota, FL. We didn't know anyone down there but had a lot of fun and met friends that we're still very close to today. The best things in my life happened to me while I was down there. I married the love of my life on Siesta Key beach and 10 months later my daughter was born. We lived there for 4 years before moving back to NH so we could be near our families but I don't regret it for a second. Good luck if thats what you decide to do.

qreef

I left MD in 99. I live 10min from beach and very please
. the best way is to save up 5 to 6 thousand b4 you make the move. I only bring my car and my clothes

nigerbang

I moved from GA to AK for about 3 years and moved back...Just because I wanted a change in scenery..

whyamisofl

Plan on making the trek to CO from WI in April of '07.....clothes and car...that's all...well and about $6k, LOL
I am 24 and thought if not now, WHEN?

reckler

when I was 18 I left everything I had and traveled the east coast for two years. the only thing I had was some cloths and my car. I grew up real fast and learned that real life was pretty hard. When I ran out of money I would work day jobs long enough to move to the next town. I though it was a good learning experience, but wouldn't recommend it to everyone. If you decide to leave you should first find a place you would like to live, then find out how the jobs are there. Good luck with your adventure.
P.S. If you are leaving to run from problems, trust me, they will just follow you. leave with a clear head and life will be easier.
good luck again.

teen

for you guys that do leave for years, what do you do about car insurance? mine is due every 3 months, so do you just forget about it and drive around uninsured?

phixer

Originally Posted by whyamisofl
Plan on making the trek to CO from WI in April of '07.....clothes and car...that's all...well and about $6k, LOL
I am 24 and thought if not now, WHEN?
Hope you like CA because Colorado is very similar, high taxes, overcrowded and lots of traffic.

reckler

Originally Posted by teen
for you guys that do leave for years, what do you do about car insurance? mine is due every 3 months, so do you just forget about it and drive around uninsured?
When I traveled insurance wasn't mandatory to have at the time. I have insurance now and have had it for the past 20 years without a lapse.

fish1031

Originally Posted by Phixer
Hope you like CA because Colorado is very similar, high taxes, overcrowded and lots of traffic.
Try FL.
Snowbirds

alyssia

Originally Posted by salty tank
Has anyone ever just dropped everything, including friends, family, house etc. and just moved. I mean maybe not abandoning your friends and family but just completely moving away out of state or country? I wanna do this when i turn like 21 to anywhere that is nice and has nice beaches. I wont need alota money and a big house to be happy when im older i think, as long as i live in a nice spot. I kinda wanna do this for a few years and then get my sh!t together. I now of a few people that kinda did this and it sorta worked out. Just getting a decent paying job may be hard.
I NEED TO GET OUT OF OHIO!

Yeah Ohio bites...especially in the summer (I hate heat). Where are you at?

alyssia

Originally Posted by lovethesea
I think of it everyday. Do it while you are young.

Excellent advice.

salty tank

im in cleveland. I like the ohio summers. its just every other season but summer sucks. I wanna go somewhere different, not california, somwhere out of america maybe. I dont know im only 17 though.........My brother was a foriegn exchanged student in germany for a year except i dont know if i wanna live with a family like he did.

martinc909

I would highly recomend merced. thats where I'm from. You could literally do NOTHING here. and the summers are hot(110f) and the winters are cold(15f). and the air quality is bad.

shogun323

I am a survivor of Findlay, Ohio. Thank God my dad got a job transfer when I was 8 and moved us to Clearwater, Florida. I wouldnt leave here for anything!!

salty tank

Originally Posted by shogun323
I am a survivor of Findlay, Ohio. Thank God my dad got a job transfer when I was 8 and moved us to Clearwater, Florida. I wouldnt leave here for anything!!
Thanks for rubbing it in!