DT's phytoplankton vs Marine Snow

sac10918

I was wondering if I should be using either DT's phytoplankton or marine snow to feed my corals. I have some mushrooms, frogspawn, star polyps, clove polyps, a BTA, etc.
Is there a difference between these two products? Would you recommend one over the other or neither? Please fill me in...
Thank you!

natclanwy

I used DT's for about a year then the LFS stopped carrying it and starting carrying marine snow so I have been using that for the last few months. For me the DT's worked great I definitely saw an increase in the health of my corals when I started using it (used nothing before) but with the marine snow everything is back to about where it was at before I started using DT's. So as soon as I use up the last of the marine snow I will be going back to DT's.

J

jrthomas40

most would go with DT's because it is suppose to be better or live cultures while marinesnow is preserved i believe....i have used both but not in a length of time to be able to tell which is better

sprang

My tank did great when I used d.t. I just saw more algea though. I think I was overfeeding then and had a crappier skimmer then. Hmmmm....all hail dt phytoplankton!!!

larrynews

i changed to dt's after years of using marine snow, i love it but i also had an algae out break which i have never had in 5 years, so i'm adjusting.

mgatdog

I just started with DT a few months now and noticed a little change but I still using marine snow once a week also.

veni vidi vici

Phyto 2 is supposed to be the next great thing.My LFS is carrying it and the owner says he will give me some to try out.