Duncan Help

matta2309

Bought a 4 head colony about a month ago. Already have one head that has split so there are now 5 heads. There is the start of an entirely new head that I just noticed. They seem to be doing great. I have been reading that they will do even better if I feed them. I already target feed several peices in my tank so the process is not an issue. The question is do I need to feed each head directly? Is the colony all connected in the long tube shaped body or is each head its own animal? This a new coral for me so I am trying to learn all I can. Thanks for any help with this new creature in my tank.

windlasher

Originally Posted by Matta2309
http:///forum/post/3039170
Bought a 4 head colony about a month ago. Already have one head that has split so there are now 5 heads. There is the start of an entirely new head that I just noticed. They seem to be doing great. I have been reading that they will do even better if I feed them. I already target feed several peices in my tank so the process is not an issue. The question is do I need to feed each head directly? Is the colony all connected in the long tube shaped body or is each head its own animal? This a new coral for me so I am trying to learn all I can. Thanks for any help with this new creature in my tank.
each head.. I use a turkey baster with brine or my home made mix. i just squirt it over the top and all of the heads grab some. by the way. you do not have to feed them. when I didn't it was fine. when I started feding them, they split like crazy.

coastie5685

well. i guess im starting to feed mine tomorrow lol... love this site..
i think that is just about the same with most lps corals though so to hear... they do fine without feedings yet with you would see more growth.