Duncans

verojeremy

I go some duncans that I traded for alveopora. It's fpur polyps and I don't know if there is wall duncans, but mine is branching.
I have a couple of pictures of it from 2 hours after gotten and 4 hours after.

btldreef

All duncans are the same. There's no such thing as "wall" duncans and "branching" duncans, I think that is what Joe was trying to get at.

verojeremy

OH OK its just what lfs said just didn't really understand how there could be a wall but whatever and they are 3 not four, but do they look good?

gemmy

Yours seem a little retracted (no need to worry they are new to your system)
Here are mine:

florida joe

FYI while Duncan feed on zooxanthellae they definitely like fleshy marine food and they will grow rapidly with supplemental feeding

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida joe http:///t/390093/duncans#post_3453107
FYI while Duncan feed on zooxanthellae they definitely like fleshy marine food and they will grow rapidly with supplemental feeding
+1. My duncans were just two polyps when I got them. Now, they are over 10. I stopped counting. I do feed them a little frozen once a week.

verojeremy

OK it looks like they have been closed for about a day , I don't see why they are mid level and medium flow I will try to take a picture.

meowzer

Can you place them lower? I was once told that they like lower light....IDK cause mine never recuperated though

verojeremy

OK I will see if I can find a lower spot, like sand or still in rock I have 8x t5 I don't get it though they were fully opened like Gemmy's picture and now they are closed has been half of yesterday and today so 1 1/2 days now.

meowzer

IDK....All I know is I got one that would not open and I was told they like lower light LOL.....sorry.....I'm not a whole lot of info

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/390093/duncans#post_3453417
IDK....All I know is I got one that would not open and I was told they like lower light LOL.....sorry.....I'm not a whole lot of info

I guess my duncans are weird. I have them in full light and in moderate-high flow.

Jeremy, is it possible that something is picking on them?

verojeremy

Nope nothing is picking on them and lol they must love where they are because It is growing another head and now they are open again. I guess when they are growing a new head they all close up for a little bit.

verojeremy

Also I have mine in highest point and moderate to high flow and they are doing pretty good,extension, color but again all corals are different.