dwarf angels

fishgirl

Hi y'all I haven't been here in forever but I haven't forgotten all the help you've given me!
I have a 75 gallon set-up with 75 lbs of live rock and a bed of nature's ocean live sand, a prizm skimmer, some rio 600 powerheads, and a daylight/actinic smart lamp PC (160 watts). I just ordered my clean up crew and 20 more pounds of fiji premium rock that should be here this wednesday.
I want to move my yellow tang to this tank (of course last) and my clownfish (she'll probably go in first). I know for sure I want to buy a flame angel, but I also want a bi-color angel. I know dwarf angels usually don't get along, but could it work in a tank of this size? The bi-color has a slightly different body shape than the other centropyge angels, and since it grown a bit bigger than th eflame I could introduce him second??? Do I have to introduce them at the same time? thanks in advance.

captained

I don't have experience with 2 angels, but the experience I have had with percs and gobies is putting them in at the same time gives you a better chance og them pairing off.
I once added 2 rabbitfish at the same time, but after 2 weeks had to give one away because he was intent on killing the other- there's a certain luck of the draw to fish getting along, so good luck.

fishgirl

Thanks, anyone know about the two dwarfs? I saw someone's webpage once for a 75 and they had a flame and a bicolor together. Anyone else had it work?

mr . salty

I think that your best bet for this working would be for you to add them at the same time.But watch them closly.....HEY,How you been.Havn't seen you in awhile.....So you got your 75 up and running??I thought you were going for a 72 bowfront.

fishgirl

Been ok, having to devote more time to my new tank than the internet though. Can't wait to get my cleanup crew in.
Tango, my faithful yellow tang, is still fat and heathly in my little 30 gallon with my clown and damsel. I will have had him in there for four years this summer, and he's never been sick since the day I bought him - tough little guy. But I think he will be much happier in the 75 - give him some room to streach his fins :D Actually I bought the set-up as a kind of birthday present for him (that's about when he'll be ready to go in).
Well, I think I'll go for introducing them together - Tango is gonna have two beautiful angels for tankmates.
c ya!

krusk

I have 2 dwraf angel in my 75 G
White Tail Pygmy and Atlatic Pygmy
and they are introduce about 1 month apart. My Atlatic pygmy were introduce first and he is smaller then the White Tail
From my experience
Lot of live rocks
and 2 angles must be difference in side.
they co-exsit in the tank for about 2 weeks now.