Dwarf Fuzzy Lion

saltygurl

Hello,
For all you Lionfish experts out there, I just purchased a dwarf fuzzy yesterday. I am new to salt water, but have learned alot from a 90 gallon reef tank setup we have. I was wondering about feeding. I have heard alot of dos and donts about FW feeders. Can I start out with guppies or perhaps mollies, since I heard they are really SW fish acclamated to FW? Also, how often do you feed. I heard some say to feed only 2-3 times a week.

blj1234

I'm no expert, but I read that mollies will make it in saltwater tanks, for getting the "system" started. I'd gues you would feed your fish more than that, but i'm no expert! Maby you could feed it ghost shrimp, which are easy to breed in your freshwater tank. Guppies would probably work :)

bluto

I've never had one but have always heard you should definately not overfeed and wean them off live food if possible.
Apparently the live freshwater food is simply not nutritionally adequate enough.
I've actually even heard that the majority of lion deaths are probably due to overfeeding.
Bluto

saltygurl

Thanks for the advice. I want to make sure I am doing the right thing with feeding. I have only had FW Oscars and cichlids in the past , so the SW predatory feeding is new to me.