dwarf lion

N

nereef

I'm thinking of adding a dwarf lion to my 90 gal. however, i'm nervous about some of my current liverstock being eaten; namely my watchman goby and cleanup crew. is it pretty likely that a dwarf lion will eat my watchman? i've read that dwarf lions spend time around the bottom of the tank, which makes my more nervous.

lion_crazz

My fuzzy dwarf does not bother a thing in the tank. He doesn't even notice my neon gobies. What kind of clean-up crew do you have?

N

nereef

my cleanup crew consists of:
about 15 blue leg hermits*
3 red leg hermits*
2 emerald crabs
about 20 astea snails
1 turbo snail
10 nassarious snails

nofish4u!!

I was always told that the Lions will eat the crabs, that's why I never got one. Would be nice to find out differently... ?????? Anyone have much success with them?

lion_crazz

My lion and neons have been together about a year now.
I don't think there is anything on your clean-up crew that a fuzzy dwaf lionfish would be interested in. They are mainly interested in shrimp.

N

nereef

man lion, what time do you get up? lol.
i agree that if your lion hasn't touched your neons in a year that my watchman would probably be fine. i will look further into the dwarf lion, and thanks for the info. you're always helpful
nereef

ryan

I dont think you have anything to worry about with a dwarf lion. I am on my second one right now, (the first one was the only fish lost when I moved). Both of the lions Ive had have left everything in the tank alone, including crabs, and small clownfish. If you buy the lionfish young it will take a long time before a goby would even fit in its mouth.