Dwarf lion

vizia2

Hi I am thinking about putting a Dwarf lion in my tank. What I was wondering about is if it was safe to do so, are my other fish in danger. I have damsels about 1-2in, percula clowns 2in yellow, blue tang about 3-4in, snails, sally light foot, feather dusters and anemones. Are they reef safe. What do you think of them, ive seen one before and it looked neat. Any thing I should know about it
thanks

gibbus

It should be okay. I had the dwarf fuzzy and frizzy lions with clownfish and sea anemones. I found that the dwarfs switch over to frozen foods faster then the bigger lionfish.

dfishh

ye, it depends, if the lion can swallow it in one bite, it will do it, but if the percs r bigger than its mouth it wont attak them. also, wat size tank, just cu;rios
DAVE

j21kickster

the get 5-6 inches and at full size it might take a shot at the fish you have- they are reef safe- except with smaller shrimp- snails and hermits are ok- here is mine - it only eats live food- he is untraneable

vizia2

thanks for every ones help I think im gana wait a while so my fish get larger before introducing a dwarf lion. I added a signature with my stuff, any other suggestions will be appreciate. J21kickster your dwarf lions a looks cool
thanks everyone

grouperhead

Kickster, is that a dwarf zebra? Zebra's get larger than fuzzy's, and both when full grown could swallow a damsel or perc. Bo

T

toungetwster

Awesome fish Kickster!! Looks almost like mine well fed and happy!

joe r.

:( OH Man this thread makes me sad. I had purchased a dwarf zebra a week and a half ago. He was doing great. eating 4 guppies/ghost shrimp a day. He was a hungry little bugger. Today he died. Weirdest thing. out of the blue his tail was missing. then he started to lose pigment where the tail fin was missing. Bought it at a LFS. One out of about 8 that they had. week after purchase I noticed that theirs had all died. Maybe it was just a matter of time. The dead ones i saw at the pet store had missing fins too. IS this fin rot. Man it happened so fast. Checked my levels and everything is AOK. Anyways i'll miss him.

joe r.

Well not 4 of each. And it was only a couple times that he ate 4 guppies. He has a angler that was supposed to help eat em but he would charge after em and eat em all. plus they were tiny guppies. not even a 1/3 the size of rosies.