Dwarfs and Plants

hey ive got dwarfs and iput some caulerpa into teh tnak but before i did, i gave them a freshwater dip to kill any hydroids since they came from florida. but a few days after i put them in the tank they all died
but all my other plants in the tank are fine i checked my parimeters and tehy are fine and i slowly let the plants into the tank with the drip method
does freshwateer dip kill the plants if so is there any other way to cleean them to make them safe for dwarfs???

rykna

Originally Posted by picoseahorses2
http:///forum/post/2891005
hey ive got dwarfs and i put some caulerpa into the tank but before i did, i gave them a freshwater dip to kill any hydroids since they came from florida. but a few days after i put them in the tank they all died
but all my other plants in the tank are fine i checked my parimeters and they are fine and i slowly let the plants into the tank with the drip method
does freshwater dip kill the plants if so is there any other way to clean them to make them safe for dwarfs???
When you gave the plants the FWD, was the water temp close or equal to your tank?
Did you use any type of de-chlorinator on the plants after the FWD?
I have given my plants FWD for my pony tank many times with out problems, however, I have never drip acclimated(DA) them when returning them to the display tank. I have never DA any of the marine plants I've purchased.
My guess it would be the water temp, or the length of the FWD, or the reacclimation time. Can you give me a "guestament" of how long each of these tasks took?

for the plants i just kinda guessed the freshwater dip temp that couldve been the prob
and the Fd was 2 minutes long
and the drip aclmation was really quick only about 5

rykna

Originally Posted by picoseahorses2
http:///forum/post/2892693
for the plants i just kinda guessed the freshwater dip temp that couldve been the prob
and the Fd was 2 minutes long
and the drip aclmation was really quick only about 5
It was most likely the water temperature. I give my seahorses FWD to remove any parasites. I use my sink faucet sprayer to clean the plants. After the bath I go over the plants to make sure I haven't missed any obvious hitchhikers. Then I place them back into the tank and add a dose of NOVaqua.