Dying Brain..Or not?

jbird0420

My Trachyphyllia has not opened in over a week and the mouth seemed to start to receed a little bit, but now it seems to be repairing itself. This all started when I added my normal 2 part solution last Monday. As soon as I added the normal dosage of the KH, he immediately closed up and has not been open since. He's still alive cause he does expand slightly during the daytime hours. But he will not release his feeding tentacles. I tried to intice him with food, nothing. I did have my salinity at .027, but now it's down to .025. Kh was at 196.9ppm range, but now it's down to 179ppm. Calcium is at 420ppm. What else can I do to help him out???? Thanks!
Also, I noticed one of my peppermint shrimps picking at his mouth last nite. I will cover him now that I have seen this. I'm sure this does not help his recovery as well.....

jerryatrick

Have you checked on it at night? As you might already know, night time is when most LPS corals like to feed.

jbird0420

Yea, I've been keeping an eye on him every chance I get. He does not release those tentacles at all. But funny thing is, he's still hangin in there. I thought he would at least slimed himself or disintegrated by now.

jbird0420

I'm trying to back track and do water changes. Anything to help his chances. He's hangin in there!!!

If he does turn around and make a total 180, I would like to keep you guys posted on his progression! As I mentioned..He's not getting worse....Hope!!

jbird0420

Cool! Good to know! Gonna do a water change here in a couple of hours! Ill keep you guys posted!!!

Thanks to everyone so far for the help!!

jbird0420

I really thought I was going to lose him. He's making a great comeback! How many times a week can I feed him to speed up his recovery? Thx!