Dying Tank

bombshell2

Lately I have lost a bamboo shark, tomato clown and yesterday my lion fish, My water is slightly off but now the only thing i have left is my damsels. I am wanting to put what I have left into a 10 gallon tank, and empty out the 55 gallon tank just to restart it and let the water cycle for awhile... any pointers??? Should i use the old sand and any of the old water to restart the 55? Should i keep my base and live rock or wash it off? (I had purple slime for awhile and that might have killed some of my fish) Please let me know i want to do what is best for my tank..
thanks

unleashed

Originally Posted by Bombshell2
Lately I have lost a bamboo shark, tomato clown and yesterday my lion fish, My water is slightly off but now the only thing i have left is my damsels. I am wanting to put what I have left into a 10 gallon tank, and empty out the 55 gallon tank just to restart it and let the water cycle for awhile... any pointers??? Should i use the old sand and any of the old water to restart the 55? Should i keep my base and live rock or wash it off? (I had purple slime for awhile and that might have killed some of my fish) Please let me know i want to do what is best for my tank..
thanks
well at the risk of sounding insultive (im really not trying to be) having the lion and the bamboo shark in a 55 gal alone would be enough to kill them agressive fish are messy eats and create alot of excess waste making water quality nearly impossible to keep up with for very long.sharks and lions both need clean water sullpied .other fish not be as sensetive .as for using everything all over its hard to say if its going to be safe for fish again not knowing for sure what went wrong do you have any fish left?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Bom, as unleashed said, you really have to think of compatibility in this hobby. Think, "Is my fish compatible with my tank, and how I have my tank set up? Is my fish compatible with other fish?" ETC.
This is so important when setting up a tank. A lot of thought and careful consideration, and research must go into setting up a tank, and deciding what will go into that tank.
Please spend some time in the Aggressive Forum learning. It seems like you want to be a successful hobbyist.
Basically, for aggressive fish, 55 is going to be too small for most situations. It is too small for most fish over 2-3 inches.