thang45

Tank info:
4 months old
90G tank
Calcium = 440ppm
Alkalinity = 10 dKH
Magnesium = 1320
Temp = 78F
I got this hammer coral about a month ago and right away I put it in the middle of the tank. It was doing fine but I read that hammer coral should be at the bottom so I move it to the bottom and I think doesn’t look so well after I move. I think I may have shocked it when I put it close to the light.
I waited for about 10 days to see if the coral will recover in the sand bed but I don’t see open up like it use to, so I decided to move him back to the middle of the tank because I think it may need more light.
Am I doing this all wrong? I have attached some images I just took and hopefully you guys could help me out.
I really like this coral and would like to save it, thanks in advance.

nycbob

hammer corals dont need much light at all, especially with mh. lower to middle would hv been fine. if it continues to recede, try to frag off the bad piece. they also dont like too much flow.

thang45

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3037758
hammer corals dont need much light at all, especially with mh. lower to middle would hv been fine. if it continues to recede, try to frag off the bad piece. they also dont like too much flow.

Very little flow hitting the coral. Should I leave the hammer in the middle for another week or move it down?
My tank is about 24" and the coral is 14" off the bottom of the tank.

thang45

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3037784
move it down a bit, and just let it acclimate and see how it fares in a few days.
OK, will move it down when the lights goes off.
If one side is dead do I break it off or leave it? How hard is it if I want to break it?

thang45

It is getting worst. The coral is disintegrating, what should I do?
I read on this forum using Kent lugol’s solution dip will help get rid of the parasite. Is this the right way to go about this? As you can see fragging this coral may kill it.