Easy Breeding fish

opazen

Are there any reef fish that I can breed with ease to difray the cost of this expensive hobby
Thanks
Adam Stewart

dirtybilge

Forget breeding maraine fish, grow corals under Metal Halides and sell the frags. Much better idea. Thats what i will do soon!

brian'sreef

jw's right..there really isn't much of a chance that your lfs will buy back the fish that you may reproduce but it's always fun to try breeding fish just to say you've done it and you never know!! a lfs may buy a brood of clowns or something if they are good and healthy..and the bangaii's and just about any clownfish are easily bred in captivity.. many of the people i've talked to about bangaii's say that their's whether they were able to keep the offspring or not quite clearly showed the males carrying the eggs in their mouths.. .clownfish are actually kinda boring to breed. a really good way to ensure a brood of clowns.. is to put a pair in a tank with nothing more that a clay pot.very simple. (and a sand bed if you so choose.) and feed them a bunch... a good pair will normally lays an egg clutch quite often.. ..breeding fish is a really cool experience.if you're serious about it, give it a shot..
Brian

S

sinner's girl

awhile back someone made a post about breading clownfish, maybe search for it, if not i'll post the info.