Easy cheep fuge trick.

mech-a-nic

I found theres at the hardware store when I was looking for eggcrate to use in my fuge.
There vinyl so they will not rust.
And there 2$ for 3 feet.
they keep the fish in there part and let water flow easy and can catch large stuff in the water. Just a Idea for a problem I had. O ya they have a lip that holds onto 1/4 thick walls easy and tight. They cut easy with kitchen shears.

Amerimax Home Products White Vinyl Snap In Gutter Guard

ifirefight

Those are gutter guards or something like that..they are used to keep leaves out of your gutters. I had the same thought and tried that on my fuge....within days they started to get clogged and reduce the water flow. I have removed them.

You will end up taking those off really soon or you will be cleaning up some water off your floor. You may not think there will be much algae in there but everything will get caught and build up faster than you think.
I have my fuge downstairs and I put a couple of fish in there for the time being so I put a net over my drilled overflow that night. I left for work the next day and I called my wife from work at about 10 am and there was water everywhere.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but keep an eye on it.

mech-a-nic

I will keep an eye on them then I will let you know how it works.
I have about 5" of rise befor it overflows, that is about a 10 gallon befor overflow with pump off.
about 2 gallons drain back when running. what do you use to keep the fish in his "home"?

The fish were only in there for a short period becuase my 4 year old liked to stick his hand in the tank because he wanted to " pet the fish ". He seen me cleaning the tank and thought thats what I was doing. I bought a tank from a guy and it had a Lion in there and no one wanted it right away so I had him down there so I wouldn't have to take my son to the ER.
Now that I looked at your pictures more I don't think you will have a problem because if they get clogged the weight of the water will just bend them and bypass everything.