Eel People... Questions

psusocr1

hey andy, i wish i had alot of money..
anyway i wanted to get an eel liek yours but i want to wait till my 600 gets built and put him in there. then ic an make a move on one of those!
a place by me has a huge zebra i may pick up for $120 bucks.. well have to see how it goes!

madman33

Dude i found a show size and a x-large if your interested...$150 and $200. They dont have any in right this second though...

unleashed

i think as far as smaller eels go it would depend on each indevidual also as for a tess they are worse than a species only eel they will even eat their own kind this is a one only in a tank species..i also have the jeweled eel in my aggressive tank and he does go after my lion which i recently moved to my 300.. this eel i would not reccomend for docile fish

codemaster

I have had a 28 inch zebra moray eel, great eel, doesnt bother any fish in my tank, and what i noticed about the zebra morays is that on top of there mouth its just one large mollar, so i think they just eat strictly crustaceans, i feed it freshwater live crayfish, and it is an awesome fight, good luck

H

handfeed

psusocr1, I hope you not mind my adding something to what it is your looking to do in keeping eels and sharks and so. But if you look around, im sure you find evidence yourself of what im about to add here that the idea in keeping even a docile moray with even a large cat shark isn't a good idea.
The problem in it is that these sharks will bite at whatever is in front of them and too many times I seen photos of eels with a half eaten lower jaw or from some other part of their body.
So it is by my personal view in this subject that this would be a terrible idea>

kainrahl

I work at a LFS and there is about a 3-4 foot green moray eel for sale there. I know that they are desperate to find it a new home since they recently sold the tank that it is in. It lives with a huge snell and giant hermit crab as well as several damsels. It used to have larger fish in with it that it never bothered BUT a new employee was scared of it and said they were feeding it when they weren't...well it got hungry enough to eat the big fish in with it. It ate an xl lunare wrasse, xl koran angel, xl powder blue tang, and tried to eat an xl lion. But if kept well fed it doesn't bother anything. I know they are asking $900 for it, BUT I know that cost on it was $300. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you the number. I know they are experienced in shipping it, since it was shipped to us in wyoming.