EElS

jared_p

ok Im getting a 55 gallon tank and want to know if its possible to have a eel in it? I looked at snowflake eels they say on SWF.com that the min tank size is 40 i think. but this is before it has fully grown i figure so im worried it would outgrow the tank within a year or less. would it? if so are there any eels that could live safely in a 55gallon tank?
thanks.

2wrestlers

How big do snowflakes get and how fast do they grow. My son wanted one so I ordered one from here because it said docile when small. I am wondering when to get it out of my tank before it decides to start feeding itself?

jared_p

Thats what im wanting to know cause if they stay somewhat docile and not eating the other fish I would love to own one. On here it says that they are fine in a cummunity tank as long as they are being feed well. So I'm not sure.

myerst22

Yes there are a few smaller eels you could keep in a 55. I agree a snowflake would work but they also get quite big. You could get a Dwarf Moray, Gymnothorax Meletremus. Max length is 12" I have had one for about 6 months and is a great fish, very docile. Here's a few pics. Hope this helps! Regards, Tim

S

surfinusa

Snowflake eels grow fairly large and very fast. I would say a 90 gallon minimum,imo.