Eels

justchillin

when i moved i had to leave my snowflake at my moms and since then i haven't been able to keep up on my tests/water changes and he is still doing very well in what i'm sure have become very poor water conditions...
i plan to transfer him to my new tank on sunday so he can have a bigger/cleaner home...

pufferlover

They are fairly hardy but do require rockwork to hide in or under and a tight lid as they are escape artists.

goldfish

My eel has been with me now for quite some time and he is hardy. I agree with the rocks--they do like to wind themselves up in there and watch the world go by!

pufferlover

Pretty much the only time I see my 2 are when I start to feed then out comes the heads sometimes they take a few laps around the tank then back under the rocks heads out feed me they say (they are in different tanks but act exactly the same).

fishysam

I think they're really hardy but you have make sure you have a lid covering the entire tank. I once had a chainlink eel that escaped for about two hours lying on my carpet. I put it in my tank and it was perfectly fine.

pufferlover

I hardly ever see a post here about someones eel that doesn't say it got out and died or was put back. I have not had that experience yet but consider as mentioned in the last post a real consideration for one buying a eel. If you have hang on equipement (which I do) it is virtually impossible to close down the top completely, so you have to be concerned a bit and watchful (I have become so paranoid I look down on the floor before I step in front of the tanks they are in).

angie118

I have a green wolf eel tons of personality and he likes to hang on the filter so he can be the closet when its feeding time. He gets along great with the other puffers.I really like this eel alot he's very entertaining to watch I call him show off.