Ehiem products

faraday

Anyone use any Ehiem products, such as their pumps, powerheads or wet/dry filters???? I was thinking of using their products, and wanted to hear if they are good/bad?

P

pet lover

I have a Eheim 2028 Pro canister filter and it is the BEST....
They make very good products but I have not used the other stuff they make.
If its HALF as good as the filter then you'll be OK... IMO
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

O

ocikitty

I have an Eheim 2227 wet/dry cannister and have never had a single problem out of it. Very little maintenance and quiet. I highly recommend.

debakker

Hi Faraday,
I have used Ehim products for the past 10 years. They just keep going forever or just about. I have just replaced the shaft in one pump that I have had for the 10 years and I brought it second hand so I have no idea how old it is. They tend to be a fair bit dearer over here in Oz but considering what else is available they leave them for dead. Good luck.

gregvabch

jauringer, ever had any problems with that pump restarting after a power outage? i'm looking at buying the 1262 to replace a mag 7 i'm currently running.

jauringer

never had a problem, it always restarts. I shut it down on every sunday during a water change. They are very good products. it is a little more expensive, but well worth it considering it is a return pump.

trebor126

I also have a Ehiem wet/dry 2227 and it is awesome. It cycled my tank in 2 weeks, and never had a problem. I clean it twice a year.
It is going on 2.5 years now.